Wednesday, December 17, 2008

2 weeks and counting

In a way it is hard to believe, but we have managed to get one child out of college. What an accomplishment. Today was a bitter sweet day. Excited that he has accomplished finishing college and getting his degree. But sad at the same time, because I don't have a little boy anymore. He has grown up into a man and will be leaving the nest in 2 weeks to start his own life with his new bride. Just a very emotional time as I am happy, but sad at the same time. I thank God for 2 healthy wonderful kids. Matt, I am very proud of you. I am proud of the man you have become. I am proud that you have stayed connect to your relationship with God and that you have decided to answer his calling in your life. Your Mama and Daddy love you. As I look back, there are things I wish I had done differently. I don't think you can spend too much time with your kids because before you know it they are grown and gone.

Well, there is no rest for the weary. Still full speed ahead with Christmas and wedding plans. After graduation, we took Matt out to eat. Then we came home and my mom and I took Grandma to try and find shoes for the wedding, plus do a little shopping. After all the group left, Mark and I had to go to Lowe's, then to try and print some wedding invitations for April's wedding. I am now trying to work on the wording for invitations for the rehearsal dinner for Kristy and Matt. My house is a mess and will probably be that way until March. Oh, Well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your words made me tear up! You & Mark are such Godly parents & I can see it reflected through your children!!! Love y'all.