Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Grandma

My Grandma This past Monday, I had taken a days vacation. I had made arrangements to go to McCormick and pick up my Grandma and take her shopping. She turned 88 on Aug 31 and I had told her I was going to be giving her a late birthday present. I wanted to take her shopping to buy a new dress for a couple of weddings that are coming up (another blog for another day). So, I got up and drove down to McCormick and picked her up. My step-sister Zonya and her daughter Krierstan Daye met up at the mall (yes the Greenwood Mall) to see what or if we could find anything. Well, to our luck and surprise, we were able to find a dress for my Grandma and it was 50% off. She also found a few other things for herself. Afterwards, April, Austin, Matt, Mark, Zonya, Krierstan Daye, John Ayden, Andrew, Grandma and myself all went down to Chick fil a to eat a bite of lunch. I took Grandma back to my house to visit. After supper, we went to Wal-mart for her to pick up somethings that she was needing, then I took her home.

I am sure most have probably lost interest by now, but that is o.k. You see my Grandma is so very special to me. She is like a second mother. She is a wonderful woman. She is a godly woman. My Grandma has done so much for me that I can't even begin to explain. Because I love her so much, it pains me now to see her not being able to do the things that she use to do and to not be able to go like she wants. I think she really enjoyed the day of shopping, even though I know it had to wear her out. For the most of us, it doesn't sound like much, but for her I know it was tiring. I was just glad to be able to give her a day that she could enjoy. If you still have your Grandmother or even an older mother that doesn't get around as good as they use to and taking them somewhere can really be a chore, stop and take the time to do something for them. Spend time with them. It can be such a blessing for the both of you. She took care of me when I was little and needed it, now I want to be there to take care of her when she needs it. Take time to love your Grandmothers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sweet!

Unknown said...

I am so glad MORGAN didn't give any advice on loving a grandmother.

She will certainly have some answering to do one of these days.